Occupation Victims Without Borders (OVWB) was established in February 2022. The organisation was founded by the Association of Broken Cornflowers from Estonia, the Latvian Political Repressed Society of Latvia and the Lithuanian organisation LEMTIS.
Reasons for creating the organisation:
• The role of deportations and occupation crimes in education varies.
• The Russian-speaking population is not sufficiently aware of what happened.
• Deportations are part of the price of our statehood.
• History must not be lost with people.
• Currently operating organizations representing the repressed are rather passive.
• Deportations have a national defence value – repetition of history must be avoided at all costs.